Brown lace

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Memorial Boards...... Gift to the survivors.

One of the blessings of being a Scrapbooker, is that I have been able to put together Memorial Books and Boards for the families of those who have passed.  I have learned a few things from doing these and would like to share some tips with you.   Depending on the time, you can choose the format.  Families like to display boards at services and life celebrations.  Time permitting, I like to make 12x12 layouts to put on the boards in protective sleeves. You can order these at CLEAR BAGS (LINK).  When the service is over, you can transfer the layouts to a 12 x 12 album and present it to the family for them to keep.  Here are some examples:







Many times you will have a few pages that you can be super creative. The goal for me is to get the pictures displayed. you might get a up to 150 pictures to sort through.  This is not about you being creative, it is about getting the pictures that means the most to the family displayed.  This was for my dear friend Melinda who passed last year. I think I did a total of about 14 (2 page layouts). I had a week to get it done. 

Almost 2 weeks ago,  I lost another dear friend and I had a little more than a day to complete her Memory boards..  I did not have time to do the page concept, so I did the boards.  As you can see one of the boards I glued the pictures a bit crooked.  It was the last board I did and I thought they were straight at the time..... oops.  The family will not care. The memories are there for them. That is all that matters.  







I have to say, when I am working on the boards, it is nice to see their lives in pictures. It is a time for me to remember my friends. I do admit, that usually when the boards are completed and my job is done, I  find that is the hardest time for me. God willing you will be able to help your friends memorialize their loved ones in display boards or books and you will not personally be so effected.  If this is a personal loss for you as well, remember, you are doing something for the family that they will cherish. 

As a papercrafter/scrapbooker, you have many supplies on hand and will not need to purchase more paper etc. Use what you have.  



1 comment:

  1. K. Thank you for sharing and I am sorry for your losses. It's a bittersweet moment to complete a project like this yet a beautiful gift. The are blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete